Friday, August 1, 2008

Scary Accident

On Wednesday I had to drop off the girls I watch, go run some errands, & then I was heading back home, only for a few minutes to head to the first night of youth week. I came to a stop light & when it turned green I was going straight, but a guy coming from the left side was running a red light. I didn't not see him at all at first but he sped up even more to run the red light & plowed into my car... Jason just happened to be two cars behind me, and was obviously freaking out. I got out of the car & the only thing that I have had to deal with is a burn on my right arm. I went to the DR. yesterday & he gave me some stuff for that & said to keep it wrapped. As far as the baby, he/she is totally fine. We got to see the heart beat so that was great to see & reassured us.

The guy got a ticket for running a red light, so thankfully his insurance will cover it. He came out lying but thankfully I had several witnesses that saw what happened & filled out papers for me.

That could have been a lot different, it came very close to hitting my door, & then I would probably not even be here right now. It really made us think, that we need to be serious with God at all times, always seeking a closer relationship with Him.

2 comments:

Jason Vreeke said...

That was one of the scariest moments of my life. I'm so glad you're ok. It really makes you think about what is truly important.

I love you sweetie.

CALISTA said...

Thank God you and the munchkin are okay!! He is so merciful, and it's amazing to see how much He cares for his children. You're right, it does make you think, and want to tighten your grip on His hand!